Facts About Spinach Nutrition
If you look for natural ways to stay healthy and get protection from cancer and constipation spinach nutrition is the right choice. You can consume this superfood in raw form with salads or in the cooked form to supplement your body with essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
Spinach Nutrition For Health Conscious
One cup of raw spinach comprises magnesium (24 mg), iron (0.81 g), seven calories, folate (58 micrograms), Vitamin A (2,813 IU), calcium (38 mg), and potassium (167 mg). Spinach also comprises fiber, Vitamin K, thiamine, and phosphorus.
Your body absorbs calcium available in spinach. Calcium is vital for improving dental health and bone health. It reduces obesity and safeguards you from colon cancer because of the presence of oxalyglycine.
Spinach is rich in iron. It promotes the production of red blood cells and supplies oxygen to organs in your body. usually, safeguards you from anemia, cough, and chronic disease. It improves metabolism and body growth.
Magnesium In Spinach Nutrition
Magnesium present in spinach boosts energy metabolism. It helps to improve the functioning of the nerves and maintains healthy muscles. It ensures a healthy heart rhythm, blood pressure, and immune system.
Spinach Nutrition – Major Health Benefits
- Alpha-lipoic acid, which is present in spinach, helps to reduce glucose levels and boost insulin sensitivity. It also safeguards you from oxidative stress effects in your body. Alpha-lipoic acid reduces autonomic neuropathy and peripheral neuropathy in diabetic patients. Therefore, spinach is the best food for people with diabetes.
- Spinach is rich in beta carotene. It helps to reduce or prevent asthma. It also reduces blood pressure because of the presence of high potassium content. At the same time, this safeguards you from the harmful effects of a high intake of sodium.
- Many people suffer from bone fractures because of Vitamin K deficiency. Spinach supplements your body with Vitamin K and prevents bone fractures. It boosts the health of your bones.
- The superfood is also rich in Vitamin A. It helps to moisturize the hair and skin through moderating oil production. Vitamin A also improves the growth of tissues in your body. Leafy greens and spinach are rich in Vitamin C that is vital for maintaining and building collagen. It reduces joint pain by enhancing collagen production. People who suffer from hair loss need to consume adequate amounts of spinach.
- Spinach comprises vitamin K1, which is paramount for blood clotting. It also provides folic acid for pregnant women. Moreover, promotes the growth of tissues and improves cellular function.
- It also comprises vitamin E, which is vital to improve the health of your eyes, cardiovascular system, and skin. Plus, prevents macular degeneration. However, also protects you from neurological diseases. Apart from spinach, other foods rich in vitamin E include mustard greens, kale, pine nuts, avocado, sunflower, Swiss chard, almonds, and parsley.
- Vitamin E prevents fine lines and wrinkles on your skin. You need to include spinach in your daily to enjoy all these health benefits. It improves cognitive function and prevents osteoarthritis inflammation.
- To stay healthy, you can consume spinach in cooked form, juice form, or raw salad form. However, you are cautioned not to consume huge amounts of spinach to prevent the formation of kidney stones.